Database - Database Driver
Using Database Connections with Database Driver
The user can also configure a Database Connection similar to a driver communication. In this section, the user will learn to link a tag with a database record.
- With the Database document in ADISRA SmartView, the user can configure a communication between one or more tags to a selected Database.
- Create a Database document by left clicking the “Divers” node and right clicking the “Database” option inside the “New Folder” as shown in the red box below.
- Left click the newly created “Database” folder and then right click the “New Document” option. A database window opens.
- In the “Connection Item” box, select a configured connection and in the “Actions” box, select the directional flow of the data.
|Read||The data only flows from Database Server to Database Client. The Database Client can only read the data from the Database Server|
The data flows in both directions, from the Server to the Client and from the Client to the Server. The Database Client can read and write data from the Database Server
The data flows only from Database Client to Database Server. The Database Client can only write data to the Database Server
- In the “Queries” area click the “New” button, name the query and click “OK”.
- In the “Table” combo box, select the configured table from the database. In the “Key Field”, “Value Field”, “Time Stamp Field” and “Quality Field” boxes, select the columns configured from the table previously selected.
- Inside the “Tags List” area, double click on the cell in the Tag column (as shown by the red box in the image below), then click the “…” button; this action will open the “TagBrowser” window for the user to choose a tag.
- Inside the Tags List area, double click on the cell in the Item column (as shown by the red box in the image below), then click the “…” button; this action will open the “Database Item Browser” window for the user to choose an item from the database to be associated with the selected tag. Select a “Query” created and a “Key” from the database table, click “OK” to save the document.