The Engineering Log window will show the output messages from the SVApplications.Output system function, as well as any errors that have occurred in the Engineering Environment. For example, when an object script event is incorrect the Engineering Log window will exhibit which object script is incorrect.
By right-clicking on the window above, the window below will show a few options:
- Clear: Clears all the messages in the window.
- Copy: Copies the log to the clipboard.
- Pause: Pauses the Engineering Log window which means that new messages won’t be displayed in the window.
- Save Dumps: If checked, it will save a .dump file with all the errors into a hidden folder, named “DumpFiles”, which contains detailed information about application errors or crashes. The hidden folder is saved within the projects folder.
- Days to keep: Establishes the number of days the Dump files will be kept on the local disk. Every dump that surpass those number of days will be automatically erased. If the number is zero, they will be kept until 23:59:59 of the present day.
- Save Engineering Logs: If checked, it will save a .txt file with the Engineering Logs into a folder named “Logs”. The folder is saved within the projects folder.
- Number of Logs to keep: Establishes the number of Logs files that will be kept on the local disk. The oldest Logs that surpass those number will be automatically erased.
- Export Log to File: Saves the messages in a .CSV file on the disk.