Tab - Interface Object
The Tab object allows the user to open different screens (Graphics) inside a Tab Object. It can be used to organize a complex set of screens.
Properties and Functions
- Tab Config
- Vertical Scroll
- Corner Radius
- Is Enabled
- Is Visible
Inserting a Tab
To create a new Tab in the Graphics document:
- Click the “Tab” option in the Ribbon.
- Place the mouse pointer where you want to create the Tab.
- Click to create the new Tab.
This property will configure the Tab Object.
To configure the TabConfig, follow the steps below:
1. The left column will display all your projects’ Graphics documents.
2. Click to select the desired Graphic document that you want to open in the Tab object.
3. Drag the selected Graphic to the column on the right or use the arrows left and right.
4. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 until you select all the Graphics documents that you want to open in your tab object.
NOTE: It is not allowed to select a referenced Graphic document.
- Example: The project has 2 graphics documents (Graphic1 and Graphic2). In the Graphic1 document, the user configured the Tab object to open the Graphic2. In the Graphic2 document, the user tried to configure the Tab object to open the Graphic1 document. This configuration won’t be allowed. Any cycling configuration won’t be allowed in the Tab Configuration
To remove 1 Graphic document from the Tab object, follow the steps below:
1. The right column will display all the Graphics documents that are selected to open in the Tab object.
2. Click to select the desired Graphic document in the right column.
3. Drag the selected Graphic document to the left column or use the arrows left and right.
4. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 until you remove all the desired Graphics document.
NOTE: It is possible to remove a Graphic Document in the right column by selecting the desired Graphic document in the right column and pressing the “Delete” button on the keyboard
To rename the Tab header, follow the steps below:
1. The right column will display all the Graphics documents already selected to open in the Tab object.
2. Select the desired Graphic document in the right column.
3. In the Config tab, insert the desired name for the header.
4. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 until you have renamed all the desired headers.
In TabConfig you can also set if the selected item will be visible or enable by setting the values to True, False, or an Expression that results in True or False.
Finally, it is possible to configure HotKeys to select a tab item during runtime, for more information see the HotKey page.
It is possible to configure different permissions per profile for this object. For further information, please check the Security white paper.