The Grouping is a tool that allows the user to group objects, it is possible to group:
- Two or more Objects.
- Two or more Groups.
- Objects and Groups.
Once created, a Group will became a new object with its own properties and scripts but it will keep the properties of every object or Group inside if they have their own properties.
Properties and Functions
- Is Enabled
- Is Visible
To create a new Grouped object in the Graphics Document:
- Select the objects that will be grouped.
- Click the “Grouping” button in the Ribbon.
This is a property used only for Grouped objects. It is a local property so if there is a Group inside another Group, the user will first need to unlock the parent Group and then unlock the child Group inside.
- When unchecked, it is possible to change the properties of every element inside a Group.
- When checked, it is only possible to change the properties of the Group as a whole.
This option will separate a Group of objects from its former Grouped state.
To ungroup an object, follow the steps below:
- Click to select the desired Grouped Object.
- Click the Ungrouping button.
The Group object provides several Script Events for the user.
- Mouse Up
- Mouse Down
- Mouse While
- Mouse Right Up
- Mouse Right Down
- Mouse Double Click
It is possible to configure different permissions per profile for this object. For further information, please check the Security white paper.